Thursday 10 July 2014

More Turkish Goodies!












One of the places to visit is the Grand Baazar, which was extremely near to our hotel. I was a bit nervous about going there for some reason. I guess I was thinking that the stall holders would really try to pressure us into buying their goods. Luckily we just wondered about the place which is huge, full of lots of things to buy and politely said no thanks to there offers. Not all the photos are from the Grand Bazaar, more or less everywhere you go there are shops with lots of yummy desserts. I tend to find the  Turkish desserts just too sweet for me, but I did taste some.

The second time we went into the Grand Bazaar we got totally lost and it took us ages to find the place from where we entered. This was to help us get back to our hotel, but in the end we got there. Istanbul was in the Bond movie Skyfall, there were scenes in the Grand Bazaar. I have not seen this film for ages so may check it out again to see what other parts of Istanbul are in it.

So the school holidays have started and next week Alessio and I are in England for one week. We are looking forward seeing Oxford, Bath and Bristol to name a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment