Sunday 10 May 2015

Tokyo Skytree Tower








One of the many things we did in Tokyo was to go up the Skytree tower! At 634m it is the tallest tower in Japan and the second tallest tower in the world, the first being the Burj Khalifa in Dubai at 828m. I went alone as Arlene does not like heights at all.

There are two observation decks at 350m and 450m, I went just to the first one, which as you can imagine gives some fantastic views of Tokyo and the mountains in the distance. If the weather had been clearer I am should I could have seen Mt. Fuji. To get to the second observation decks you can only buy a ticket from the second observation deck.

It was very busy, I went round a few times just talking in the view and sights. I also stopped and had a delicious ice cream too.

It is well worth visiting, of course you must like heights though!!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely series of photos. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete